Ceiling Kit | Mercedes Sprinter 170Regular price $1,690.70
This is a specialized kit made to fit your 2006 to 2023 MB Sprinter 170 High Roof!
Our Sprinter Ceiling Kit is the easiest ceiling kit on the market for DIY installation. Every panel is CNC cut for the best possible fit in your Sprinter conversion.
EXT Models: Please reach out to us! We can make upon request!
Custom Fan Cutouts: Our team can pre-cut for a fan for you if requested for an additional charge of $250. Please send us a message after placing your order. We will send you measurements needed and the updated invoice.
- Fits B-Pillar trim kit to replace factory foam blocks
- Outer driver-side row features a hidden notch to tuck away factory wiring harness
- Extends to within 1/2" (12mm) of your factory wall edge
- Union Panels hold rows together from the backside to hold a consistent 1/8" gap between panels
- Single row lighting contains 6 lights, dual row contains 12. (If custom Fan Cutouts are requested - the position and quantity of the lights may be affected)
- Prefinished Maple
- Prefinished Birch
- Unfinished Maple
- Natural Bamboo
- Amber Bamboo
Please refer to our materials page here to see images and details of each option: Materials
- Ceiling Panels
- Rivet Nuts
- Threaded Screws and Washers
- Proper Drill Bit
- Light Pucks (12VLED) - If choosing Puck Light option. Also includes 12v distribution block (holds up to 8 lights), and AC-to-12VDC adapter
- Material: 1/2" Plywood
- Weight: 40-55 lbs
- Width of Panels: Range from 6 1/8" to 6 1/4"
- Puck Light hole bore: 2.125"
- 2006 to 2023 MB Sprinter 170 High Roof
- NCV3 and VS30 models.
Each kit comes with detailed directions on how to install your own ceiling kit. These kits are designed to fit already existing factory holes in the sprinter.
Installation Difficulty: Medium | 2 people
Installation Time: 1-3 Hours
Tools Needed: Power Drill, Rivet Nut Tool
- How does the ceiling kit mount?
All Mercedes Benz sprinter kits are designed to fit directly to the factory holes in your ceiling. The factory holes will need to be bored out to 3/8" for rivet nut inserts prior to installation. All panels are mounted 0.125" apart and cover the entirety of the ceiling between walls.
- Will the ceiling kits work with ceiling fan cutouts?
Yes, our team can pre-cut for a fan for you if requested for an additional charge of $250. We will reach out to you once your order has been placed and we will walk you through the process of measuring for your fan cutout.
- How do I apply stain, finish, or sealer?
- Lightly scuff the entire surface of the product that you plan on coating with 120-180 grit sandpaper.
- Apply 2-3 coats of primer prior to applying your main coat.
- Always apply a finish when you're happy with the paint to get a long lasting appearance.
- Sand the surface on all faces with sandpaper traveling with the grain of the wood.
- Apply stain very cautiously to a section of the product that will not be visible to gage the volume and pressure you need to achieve the look you want.
- Apply stain evenly with a rag, sponge, or spray gun until all surfaces are coated.
- Please note that overlapping surfaces may make the stain darker on the overlapped areas.
- Always apply a finish when you're happy with the stain to get a long lasting appearance.
- We can not guarantee consistency in grain or pattern in natural wood colors as they are made from real wood veneer and sometimes nature is inconsistent.
- 1/2" Plywood panels are plywood with veneer laminate and because of this, grain will be visible on sides between the 1/8" gaps.
- Panels are not edge banded as more temperate climates may cause adhesive to melt and banding to peel. For this reason, raw wood is visible on sides of panels.
- Lights are included when choosing the Single or Dual Row Puck Light option.
- If a panel is damaged, we won't make you purchase a new kit. Simply let us know which panel and we can ship a replacement!
- Not all vans come off the factory line identical. Expect a handful of rivet nuts to be a few millimeters off-course (Typically only the outside two rows vary). These need to be widened out with the drill bit or burring bit for the screws to align properly.