Ceiling Kit | Ford Transit 148Regular price $1,587.40
This is a specialized kit made to fit your 148" WB Ford Transit!
Our Transit Ceiling Kit is the easiest ceiling kit on the market for DIY installation. Every panel is CNC cut for the best possible fit in your Transit conversion.
EXT Models: Please reach out to us! We can make upon request!
Custom Fan Cutouts: Our team can pre-cut for a fan for you if requested for an additional charge of $250. Please email email@example.com after placing your order. We will send you measurements needed and the updated invoice.
- Factory foam block cutouts allows the ceiling panels to wrap around your factory foam blocks with no modification needed
- Outer driver-side row features a hidden notch to tuck away factory wiring harness
- This ceiling kit extends to within 1/2" (12mm) of your factory wall edge
- Union panels hold rows together from the backside to hold a consistent 1/8" gap between panels
- Single row lighting contains 6 lights, dual row contains 12. (If custom Fan Cutouts are requested - the position and quantity of the lights may be affected)
- 148EL features an additional support panel that will need to mount to your rear cargo overhead beam
- Prefinished Maple
- Prefinished Birch
- Unfinished Maple
- Natural Bamboo
- Amber Bamboo
Please refer to our materials page here to see images and details of each option: Materials
- Ceiling Panels - 9 Rows
- Furring Strips - 4 Beams
- Rivet Nuts
- Threaded Screws and Washers
- Light Pucks (12VLED) - If choosing Puck Light option
- Material: 1/2" Plywood
- Weight: 40-70lbs
- Size: 120" - 150"
- Width of Panels: 6 1/8" to 6 1/4"
- Furring strips are of different thickness to relieve tension of downward curve at cockpit
Each kit comes with detailed directions on how to install your own ceiling kit. These kits are designed to fit your ceiling by screwing to furring strips that are held onto your ceiling with Rivet Nuts.
Installation Difficulty: Medium | 2 people
Installation Time: 2-3 Hours
Tools Needed: Power Drill, Rivet Nut Tool
All Ford Transit kits are designed to fit directly to the factory holes in your ceiling. The factory holes will need to be bored out to 3/8" for rivet nut inserts prior to installation. All panels are mounted 0.25" apart and cover the entirety of the ceiling between walls.
- Will the ceiling kits work with ceiling fan cutouts?
Yes, our team can pre-cut for a fan for you if requested for an additional charge of $250. We will reach out to you once your order has been placed and we will walk you through the process of measuring for your fan cutout.
- How do I apply stain, finish, or sealer?
- Lightly scuff the entire surface of the product that you plan on coating with 120-180 grit sandpaper.
- Apply 2-3 coats of primer prior to applying your main coat.
- Always apply a finish when you're happy with the paint to get a long lasting appearance.
- Sand the surface on all faces with sandpaper traveling with the grain of the wood.
- Apply stain very cautiously to a section of the product that will not be visible to gage the volume and pressure you need to achieve the look you want.
- Apply stain evenly with a rag, sponge, or spray gun until all surfaces are coated.
- Please note that overlapping surfaces may make the stain darker on the overlapped areas.
- Always apply a finish when you're happy with the stain to get a long lasting appearance.
- Fan Cutouts, A/C Cutouts, and other cuts are not standard. Please see custom options for more information.
- This kit is designed to be installed with foam corners installed.
- We can not guarantee consistency in grain or pattern in natural wood colors as they are made from real wood veneer and sometimes nature is inconsistent.
- 1/2" Plywood panels are plywood with veneer laminate and because of this, grain will be visible on sides between gaps.
- Panels are not edge banded as more temperate climates may cause adhesive to melt and banding to peel. For this reason, raw wood is visible on sides of panels.
- Lights are included when choosing the Single or Dual Puck Light option.
- This kit ships in a box or on a pallet if you have a larger order.
- We are not responsible for damages caused by modification of our panels for your own custom additions.
- If a panel is damaged, we won't make you purchase a new kit. Simply let us know which panel and we can ship a replacement!